Changshengchuan is one of the Time-honored Brands in Hubei Province.In 1368, He Dehai founded the Changshengchuan, which is the origin of Hubei chin-brick tea. Since then, a family business began to be c/onnected with this tea brand for generations.
After the development of loose tea,block tea,pillar tea,hat-box tea,cake tea and brick tea, and etc, in the long term of involving in tea business, the He family accumulated its brick tea production experience and fermentation techniques. In the middle of Qing dynasty, the He family began to apply lever principle in brick tea pressing, which is the original modern Hubei chin-brick tea.
By virtue of the good quality of the brick tea and exquisite craftsmanship, Changshengchuan has become the largest tea merchant, with the“Red Dragon Certification”awarded by Qing emperor, sold in Europe, Asia and Africa, became a major role in the international tea trade, and known as “the treasure of the tea road”.
During the heyday of Qing dynasty,there was a street ballad at the time:“Changshengchuan, a glided gold sgnboard, granted with ‘Red Dragon Certification’by the emperor,access to the world at permissive condition……”.The He family tea business unprecedented in that time, around the world gradually opened more than 30 factories, more than 260 stores, 50 “chuan” brand series. Only in Yichang, it had 13 chin-brick tea factories，more than 230 workers with annual output of more than 5000 boxes,and annual revenue up to 76000 silver yuan.During its prosperous time，Changshengchuan won high recognitionnot only in high quality but also had been widely praised in the domestic and international industrial fairs：in September, 1909, Changshengchuanwas awarded with Honor Certification highlighting its achievements in Wuhan Trade Fair; in 1910,Changshengchuan won the first prize during Nanyang Trade Fair; in 1915, Changshengchuan was awarded with the gold medal in Panama Pacific International Exposition.
As time flies, after hundreds of years of vicissitudes, Changshengchuanhad undergone a boom of the Hubei chin-brick tea, the He family broke through all kinds of obstacles, and handed the old brand down from age to age.
After the economic reform and opening up, the traditional culture and folk crafts got restored and developed. For the sake of people's benefits and rejuvenating the treasure on the tea road in the new era, Changshengchuan Hubei chin-brick tea descendants, three siblings of the He family determined to shoulder the great task of ancestors to carry forward Changshengchuan Hubei chin-brick tea's traditional techniques, and promote the development of tea industry in Hubei.
After years of well-planned preparation, in 2013, the three sibling of the He family invested Xinding Biological Technology Co., Ltd.in Yichang city, Hubei province, and established Hubei Changshengchuan Chin-brick Tea Research Institute focusing on renovating the traditional process of chin-brick tea and its byproducts by following modern biological pharmaceutical philosophy.
Changshengchuan Hubei chin-brick tea traditional manufacturing techniques have been identified as Hubei intangible cultural heritage. Adhering to the business philosophy of “ Integrity, Responsibility, Win-win ”, relying on the tea resources rich in selenium grow at an altitude of 800 meters high mountain in Wuling mountain area of the southwest of Hubei Province, our company forms a whole industrial chain of R&D, cultivation, processing and others which promotes 30 thousands farmers' income enhancement and more than 300 thousands acres of tea plantation's scale-up, its development effectively promotes the growth of local tea industry.
Today, the national “the Belt and Road” strategy and the development of modernization and technology provide a powerful platform for the rejuvenation of Changshengchuan. In August 2015, Changshengchuan won the“ Golden Camel Prize -China Famous Tea for Century Expo” in 2015 Milan International Exposition -Chinese Tea Culture Week. One hundred years of glory, not only witness the insistence of a tea brand, but also a declaration of the world: Changshengchuan will stand in the center of the international stage to bloom the glory of Chinese tea from now on!
Changshengchuan, an ancient Chinese tea brand, passed from generation to generation in the past more than 600 years,was striving to realize one dream：sharing the Hubei chin-brick tea with the world! In the future,Changshengchuan's successors will follow the brilliant footsteps of their ancestors ,and devote themselves to producing more chin-brick tea with high quality for people all over the world!
During its prosperous time, Changshengchuan won high recognition not only in high quality but also had been widely praised in the domestic and international industrial fairs. 1. In Sep.,1909,"Changshengchuan " won the first prize in Wuhan Trade Fair.
2. In 1910,"Chang-sheng-chuan" won the first prize during Nan yang Trade Fair.
3. In 1915,"Changshengchuan" won the gold medal in Panama Pacific International Exposition.
4. In 2014,Chinese Culture Promotion Society invited Changshengchuan to participate in “the Tea Road “Chinese Tea Culture Art Exhibition held in Ulan Bator, Mongolia
5. In 2014,Changshengchuan was invited to participate in “Sydney Chinese Tea Culture and Art Exhibition" held in Australia during the time Xi Jinping arrived in Australia to attend a summit of the Group of Twenty.
6. On November 30th ,2014,Chinese first poetic essay about chin-brick tea "Changshengchuan Fu" was born in Yichang.
7. On May 31st , 2015,during the second session of China - Southeast Asian Folk High-end Dialogue, Changshengchuan "Auspicious Dragon "as national gift was presented to the 11 government dignitaries by the State Council Vice Premier Liu Yandong .
8. In Jun., 2015,Changshengchuan as the only tea brand of Hubei participatedØ in activities of Hubei theme cultural held by 2015 Milan World Expo, Changshengchuan “Centennial Expo" customized products as the China International Trade Promotion Association's specified gift was presented to the national dignitaries and VIP ,which received highly appreciation of the Irish President Michael Higgins and other dignitaries.
9. On July 9,2015,the 19th generation descendant of Changshengchuan Hubei chin-brick tea, the chairman of Xin Ding Biological Technology Co., Ltd., the superintendent of Hubei Changshengchuan Chin-brick Tea Research Institute, He Jiangang gave a speech in the "China Brand Forum" hosted by the People's Daily on behalf of the Chinese tea enterprises .
10. In August 2015,Changshengchuan Hubei chin-brick tea was awarded the firstØ batch of Timed-honored Brand by the Hubei Provincial Department of Commerce.
11. In August 2015,Changshengchuan Hubei chin-brick tea once again boarded Expo podium, and was awarded the “Golden Camel Prize-China Famous Tea for Century Expo".
12. In September 2016,Changshengchuan Hubei chin-brick tea was listed in the fifth Hubei Province Intangible Cultural Heritage.
13. In September 2016,Changshengchuan Hubei chin-brick tea settled in the China Tea Museum.
14. In 2017,Changshengchuan Hubei chin-brick tea passed the review and verification at Grade A level of Green Food and is authorized to use Green Food Label.
15. In September 2017,Changshengchuan has awarded the honorary title of “World Famous Tea” given by the international Tea Association.